Friday, June 22, 2007

Crabby B-day!

I love this crab and this set. I needed to make another guy card and I immediately pulled this out to play with.

My Brilliant Blue base measures 5 x 4 1/4 when folded. I took a piece of Tempting Turquoise (one of my favorite colors) and stamped it with the Canvas background inked in VersaMark. I used VersaMark because I wanted to be able to see my sentiment when I stamped it in black. The little shell and starfish were then inked in Tempting Turquoise and stamped randomly. My Gable Green cs is stamped using the Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Green Galore. I decorated the scissors with some scallop scissors that I got from Michael's.

The little crab is stamped in black and then colored with SU ink pads and my watercolor pen. I used a mixture of the following colors: Real Red, YoYo Yellow, Pumpkin Pie and Cameo Coral. The sand was then watercolored with Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa. I lined my image with a piece of Brilliant Blue cs.

I stamped out the little cake shell and colored it with my watercolor pen, then cut it out and glued it to my image. It's hard to see in the photo, but the flame has some Yellow Stickles on it. To finish everything off, I stamped an additional crab claw, then cut it out and raised it with a dimensional. I backed my entire image with a piece of Real Red cs to make it pop. The corner is punched with a tiny cirlce and then decorated with natural and blue hemp. Of course I had to add some googly eyes at the end!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

He's too cute! I wish I had ordered this set!

Rhonda said...

Such a fun card! Love the sketch and pirate theme!