Saturday, June 9, 2007

Bella swap

I participated in a bella swap with my Lostie sistahs on SCS. It was a great idea because everyone chose a different bella image. We made everyone a card and then stamped additional images out so we could all have some bellas to play with. So I have a stack of new images just waiting to be colored. Everyone's cards turned out super cute too. My friend Suz put them all up on her blog. You can see them here.

This is the card I came up with. The bella I chose was Emmybella. I thought she was fun and sassy. I used SU markers to color her in. The flower on the shopping bag is from the Butterfly Kisses set by Papertrey ink. I doodled around the image with a Brocade Blue marker and then lined it with a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock. My base card is Brocade Blue. I then took a piece of Sage Shadow and stamped my swirls on it in the same color. They are from a TAC set called Swirly Gigs. My corners are dressed up with the ticket corner punch and then I did some faux stitching around the edges. The So Saffron cardstock is stamped with the Linen background for a little texture. The sentiment is from a SU set called Small Sayings. I got the ribbon from Joanns, it was only .99 and it matches Brocade Blue perfectly!!! My embellishment is a brown prima with a gold liquid applique center.

We just got home from the ballpark. My nephew is playing in a tournment this weekend. Good game this morning, but talk about HOT! Whew. He has another game this afternoon. Go Tigers!!!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

This is one of my favorite Bellas! I love the layout and the fun colors! It's fun working with Bellas.