Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sketch Challenge #126


I always look forward to trying out a new sketch challenge on SCS every Wednesday. It's a great way to get inspired to stamp. I also challenged myself to use some of my pattern paper from TAC. This sketch was a great one and I love the overlapping papers.

Of course I had to play with another bee image (by Stampendous). It's just too darn cute. I colored it using my SU markers and then added a little Stardust stickles to the wings and middle strip. Everything is better with Stickles :) As I mentioned, the pattern paper I used is from TAC and it is called Uptown Girl. I put a little ric rac (from Wal-mart) at the bottom and added a little Bubblegum paper posie (TAC) on top of that. Easy peasy!


Double whamy. I decided to make another quick card using this sketch. I got this super cute Penny Black image from the Wish-RAK group on SCS. It's colored using my SU markers. I then colored the nose with a black Sakura glaze pen to give it a wet dog look. The flower has a touch of crystal effects on it. The image is then finished with a little outline in Garden Green.

Again my pattern paper is from TAC and it's called Rustic Chic. The other cardstock I used was Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, and So Saffron..all from SU. The Garden Green is stamped in the same color with the Crackle background from TAC. That is one of my favorite backgrounds to use!!! I punched a hole at the top and added a little chocolate grosgrain ribbon. Then I used my mat pack and paper piercer to add some holes on the Saffron paper. My sentiment is from a TAC set called Lion. I thought it matched the image perfectly.

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Super work on the challenge!

Michelle said...

Great card! I love the way you use the papers!