Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Squeaky Baker


I can't believe this is the first time that I've inked up this stamp. How cute is it?? I love the little baker's expression and of course the towering pile of sweet treats. I really had fun coloring it up. To achieve my "mouse" look, I combined the following Copics in this order: E51, highlight with E53, blend with E51, add highlights along the edges with C3 & C5, blend entire image with C1 and finally go back over it all again with E51. It gives it a nice dirty tone that it perfect for sweet little rodents, LOL. The plate of treats was begging to be cut out and raised with a dimensional. I then added a few sparkles with Stardust Stickles. I followed Mojo 140 for the layout! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Stamps: Squeaky Baker (Whipper Snapper), A Muse sentiment
Paper: Kraft, white, Basic Grey Kioshi
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa
Copics: E31, 51, 53, 42, 44, 47, C1, 3, 5, Y11, 21, 26, V01, 12, 15, G20, 21, 24, RV11
Other: Labels 1 Nestie, dimensional, Stardust Stickles, Basic Grey button, white taffeta

8 comments:

debbies said...

What a cutie pie!!! Great image and thanks for the color layers you used.

Tammi said...

Super cute, he's one of my favs too!! Great colors!

Brandi said...

This is darling! Love that little guy! Beautiful coloring! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh too much FUN!!

Anna said...

Way too cute! Great job on that sketch! And wonderful job coloring the mouse!

www.boshobbyshop.nl said...

aawh, this is so cute!!

Michelle said...

Well I think it's adorable! I love your "mouse" look - hard to believe a rodent could look that cute, lol!

Annika said...

Your colouring is just amazing and the layout works so perfectly! What a lovely balance of minimal embellies and beautiful colours. Gorgeous card!

Stay strong and crafty!
Hugs
Annika