Saturday, May 16, 2009

Quick Summer Meals


I'm always on the lookout for quick meals to make in the summer and I just stumbled upon two perfect ones to add to my collection. First up is Giada's Pasta Ponza. Yes, I've been saying it all week long. I just love saying Ponza in my best Italian accent :) I was a little skeptical about trying it out at first because I thought it would turn out a tad dry. Guess that's why I'm not a chef because it turned out perfect. You bake the tomatoes for 30 minutes and once you add it to the pasta with the cheese and a little "noodle" water - it's perfect and so very light. Definitely use the tube pasta because everything sticks on and inside it. YUM! Ross added a dash of red pepper flakes to his dish; just to give it a little kick. A few week's ago we also tried Paula's Fried Egg & Avocado Sandwich. Yeah, wrinkle your nose now, but give it a try and you won't be sorry!! It was super quick to make one Saturday night when we had been busy running around all day. The flavors blend so well together making it one tasty sandwich! We used turkey bacon and served it on fresh sourdough bread. Happy cooking and don't be afraid to test out something new!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yum, that pasta looks delish. And, I love avacodo on anything!

Shelly said...

I'm going to have to try the pasta dish. It sounds like something we would love. The egg sandwich sounds good too, but I don't care for eggs, so that would kind of ruin it for me. lol