Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pumpkin Chip Cookies

We are busy baking and getting ready for tomorrow. I thought I would share my favorite Thanksgiving recipes with y'all. This is what I'm known for every year. I love these cookies. The pumpkin makes it super soft and the chocolate makes it super yummy! I also love this recipe because it makes a ton of cookies and we have a huge family. Next up, I'm making Cranberry Salad. This is an easy recipe and the flavors blend so well together. My nephews gobbled this up last year. Happy baking!!!

Pumpkin Chip Cookies

1 1/2 c. margarine, softened
2 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. sugar
1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 c. flour
2 c. quick-cooking oats
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 c. (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips

Cream margarine and sugars. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine flour, oats baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tbsp. 2" apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.(Makes 4 doz).

Aunt Caroline's Cranberry Salad

1 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
1 fresh orange, remove seeds, cut into sections, but do not peel
lemon peel
1/2 c. sugar
1 package cherry gelatin
3/4 c. boiling water
1 (8oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained

Grind cranberries and orange slices. In a small bowl, combine gelatin, boiling water, and sugar. Stir to dissolve. Cool slightly. Add cranberries, orange and pineapples. Fold together. Pour into serving dish and chill over night or until firm.

4 comments:

jayne said...

Happy Thanksgiving! These cookies sound fantastic! I love pumpkin and will try these. Pumpkin for me and chocolate for my husband what a great combo!!!

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing the recipes! They sound yummy.

Rhonda said...

Yummy!! Thanks for sharing these delicious recipes!!

Anonymous said...

You KNOW I love those pumpkin cookies! :)

And that's the exact cranberry salad we make every year -- except we add celery. YUM!!