Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Elzybells sketch

Today's sketch challenge rocks because it is perfect for those little square cards that I love to do. I pulled out another Elzybells image that my friend Tammi sent; isn't it cute? and you know I love cute :) Check out her Uggs, LOL. The trim on her boots, coat and hat have liquid applique on them. I also colored the blades of the sled with a Bordering Blue marker and then highlighted it with my Sakura pen. I used my mat pack, paper piercer and gel pen to add some faux stitching because I can't sew to save my life. Which is sad because I LOVE all of the cards where stampers use their Janome machine to create wonderful stitching. Sigh!!!! I will admire from afar. It's a beautiful day here, hope its sunshiny in your neck of the woods. Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Girl with sleigh (Elzybells), Winter Wonderland (sentiment, TAC), Flannel Plaid
Paper: Not Quite Navy, white, Basic Grey (Oh Baby Boy), Garden Green, Ruby Red
Ink: Garden Green, Noir (Palette, TAC)
Other: scallop scissors, ribbon from Michael's, mat pack/piercer, white gel pen, liquid applique, Sakura Stardust pen, Making Memories snowflake brad

3 comments:

Kris said...

she is sooo cute! :) I have a hard time making cute cards although I luff them and she just ended up darling as can be!

Colleen Wold said...

Kim -

This card is adorable! I love the festive colors! That little Elzybell is just too cute! You did a great job with the layout as well! Love the detail on the sled.

Rhonda said...

This is CUTE!! I had a feeling these Elzybells would be perfect for the sketch challenge, I just didn't get time to play. I guess I still can, your card is so inspiring! Love it!