Sunday, July 8, 2007

Both Way Blossoms

Sympathy cards are my least favorite to create, but that is really the time that a handmade card could make a person's day and let them know that they are in your thoughts. This is for another friend whose MIL passed away this week :( I just got this set from a Lostie sistah and I thought it would be a perfect time to put it to use.

I used the 4th ring of my oval Coluzzle to cut out a piece of Whisper White cs. The Both Ways Blossom flowers are stamped in Basic Black and then colored using my SU markers. I love how the two colors made the blossoms look 3-D. The image was then lined with Sage Shadow and Lovely Lilac.

My card base is Lovely Lilac...another new color to me and I love it!! In fact, I really love this color combo. I took a piece of Almost Amethyst cs and stamped it using the Fine Lace bg in the same color. The corners were decorated with the Ticket Corner punch and the sentiment is from a Su set called Warmest Regards. To match the pattern in the Fine Lace bg, I took a piece of Sage Shadow cs and stamped it using the Linen bg in the same color. I then took some scallop scissors that I got at Michael's and decorated the edges. To make the scallops stand out more, I just took the Sage Shadow marker and highlighted the edges.

You can't see it in the picture, which is a shame because it is so sparkly in person, but I used my Shimmer Pearlescent Chalking Set by Pebbles Inc. and went over my blossoms. I used the white color and it added the perfect shimmer to my image. To finish it off, I tied on some sheer light pink ribbon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely Kim.

Jackie

Kris said...

This is beautiful. I know that Janine will appreciate it.